Saturday, January 7, 2012

Still Alive


Yup I'm still alive. Sorry Ive been gone. My significant other has been gone for 6 months for college and came back for 2 weeks to spend time with me over the holidays so I had short hiatus from coding. Now that I'm back, I'm working on Zecora and then all that's left is deciding the spawning patterns for enemies and 1.6 will be released.

After defeating the Protoss, our ponies  return to Equestria to find that the planet has not been saved, but is still becoming more and more chaotic and there is disharmony amongst ponies. They are forced to fight against their old friends to get back to the Castle of the Pony Sisters deep in the Everfree forest.

That will be what is included in Release 1.6

The next release will be the fight within the castle against Nightmare Moon and Celestia. And then the mystery boss who is behind it all (probably not so much a mystery).

And after that, I'll be editing the dialogue to better fit the story, work on a new title screen, add some finishing graphical touches, and then continue to apply game balances according to feedback.

Oh yeah and I need to develop a bombs system somewhere in there.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Life got in the way of your personal life. GO YOU FOR GOOD PRIORITIES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. Thinking up ideas for Zecora attacks. Got some cool patters that look like her cutie mark, and some cool potions that create lingering clouds of dead area and a potion that spawns a poison joke that chases you around...

    Zecora doesnt get much screentime so can't seem to think up what she'd do other than make a sweet brew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I'm still following this game! I hope the lack of traffic here isn't discouraging you.

    I don't have any ideas for Zecora's attacks myself, but based on the descriptions we've had it sounds likely that she'll appear in the Valentine's Day special at the end of the official mare-a-thon, so maybe that will offer some more possibilities.

    ReplyDelete